The WA Masters Hockey Committee is responsible to Hockey WA Management and encompasses all matters relating to Masters Hockey and Masters State Hockey Teams.
It's role is to report to Hockey WA Management and to provide appropriate advice and recommendations on matters relating to Masters Hockey in order to facilitate decision making by Hockey WA.
The Committee is responsible for providing advice to Hockey WA on the following;
- developing, documenting and recommending policies and processes by which local and State Masters Hockey competitions are run;
- developing, documenting and recommending the policies and processes by which the Coach(s), Manager(s) and Selectors of each Masters State Hockey Team are appointed;
- developing, documenting and recommending the policies and processes by which each Masters State Hockey Team is selected and prepared;
- recommending the selection and appointment of Masters State Hockey Team Players, Coaches and Selectors to the CEO for approval;
- assisting Hockey WA management to design strategies to improve the recruitment and retention of Masters Hockey players;
- investigating opportunities to promote Masters Hockey within WA;
- facilitating meetings of all interested parties as required for the purpose of communicating and discussing Masters Hockey matters;
- providing assistance to Hockey WA staff when requested to identify volunteer help to assist with related general tasks;
- documenting discussion papers and Board submissions on the designated forms and forwarding to the CEO for inclusion on the Hockey WA Board agenda;
- upholding the objects and the Constitution of Hockey WA; and
- amendment of the Charter.